Staying Productive When You’re Distracted
This isn't the first time we're dealing with an event that's incredibly distracting and turning our lives upside down, and it won't be the last time.
Sometimes it's a personal change, like the loss of a job, the end of a relationship, or the birth of a child.
Sometimes it's a local disaster like the hurricanes we are both all too familiar with here at Piggy Makes Bank.
And sometimes it affects everyone all at once, like this year's pandemic.
As we all adjust and find our new normal, it can be hard to stay productive. Susanne recorded a video with some tips and ideas to help you find your way back to your productive self.
I've been struggling to get much of anything done. Over the past few days, I've discovered a few things that have helped me focus and finish something here and there. I made the video to hopefully help you do the same. Watch it, take what you can use from it, and get something done today. – Susanne
Here's a quick rundown of what's covered in the video.
- What are the distractions?
- social media,
- people checking in,
- spouse working from home,
- kids home from school
- What can we do?
- Accept that this is an adjustment period for all of us.
- Get one thing done today. Do another tomorrow. Challenge yourself to get two little projects done, then three. Finish something!
- Cut out need and social media for an hour or half an hour at a time. It'll still be there after you spend some time doing something productive.
- Do something to help you get through this. It makes me feel more in control.
- Buy a bag of rice and beans.
- Make sure online banking and online check deposit work.
- Organize your supplies.
- Scrub down the kitchen.
- Make room for a second makeshift desk…
- anything and everything to give you a measure of control and empowerment.
- Relax. Do something for yourself.
- Escape into a movie.
- Binge watch your favorite show.
- Read a trashy novel.
- Whatever you are into. Give your brain and nervous system some much-needed rest.
- Be of service. Locally and in your business. We'll talk more about this in the coming weeks, but sharing something of value with your audience will make you feel good and you're making a difference.
We are committed to help you get through this. That's why from now until further notice you can use coupon code KEEPGOING to get 50% off all our PLR including memberships.
Look for more training videos, tutorials, and training in the coming weeks. We want to help you succeed and thrive during this challenging time.
Now it's your turn. What's one thing you can do today?
- to serve your audience
- to get new subscribers
- to find a new customer who can use what you have to offer
- to reach out to your existing customer base and find out how you can help them make it through the coming weeks and months.
Stay healthy, stay safe. We're all in this together and we (Tracy and Susanne) are here to support you in any way we can.